Support for the Manatee Webcams at Blue Spring State Park was made possible by a donation to Save the Manatee Club as a memorial gift in honor of the late Mrs. Norma Norton, a Florida resident who cared deeply for manatees.
Watch Our Summer Playlist including webcam videos from the 2017 – 2018 Manatee Season at Blue Spring State Park, educational videos, and more! Click on the Playlist icon in the upper left-hand corner of the video to choose the videos you want to view.
Please Note: The weather is warm in Florida, and manatee season has ended at Blue Spring State Park. We are currently streaming previously recorded footage. You can also scroll down the page to see other manatee videos from the web cam. Any people seen in the videos are researchers or other individuals with special permission.
Latest Manatee Update
April 18, 2018:
It just did not get cold enough for many manatee visits to the park today. The river temp was 70° F (21° C). Cassie and Buckeye, the new releases, were in the spring boil. Then, 17 minutes after the manatee count was over, a small fat juvenile came in at the river. That’s it. Big grass carp today, koi yesterday. Exotics we wish would go away. — Wayne Hartley, Manatee Specialist.
Read more manatee updates from this season by clicking the “Learn More” box below.
Please call Blue Spring State Park before you visit to get the latest manatee count at the park: 386-775-3663.
- Read Manatee Updates from this season as well as past seasons.
- Identify manatees in the Club’s adoption program using Wayne Hartley’s Scar Pattern Chart (pdf).
- See Wayne’s Scar Charts for all of the Blue Spring manatees (pdf).
- Learn about Blue Spring State Park and why it is vital habitat for manatees.
- Check out our Species Spotlight to learn about other living things that share the manatee’s habitat at Blue Spring (pdf).