Support for the Manatee Webcams at Blue Spring State Park was made possible by a donation to Save the Manatee Club as a memorial gift in honor of the late Mrs. Norma Norton, a Florida resident who cared deeply for manatees.
Underwater Webcam Highlights from the 2018 – 2019 Season (Not Live)
Above-Water Webcam Highlights from the 2018 – 2019 Season (Not Live)
Please Note: Both the underwater and above-water cams are no longer live and are currently playing highlights from the 2018 – 2019 manatee season. You can also scroll down the page to see past manatee videos from the web cams. Any people seen in the videos are researchers or other individuals with special permission.
Latest Manatee Update
April 5, 2019:
The river temperature today was 70° F (21° C). I found one manatee. I think this was the end of the season.
— by Wayne Hartley, Manatee Specialist
Read more manatee updates from this season by clicking the “Learn More” box below and click the Webcam Videos box to see manatee video clips from this season.
Please call Blue Spring State Park before you visit to get the latest manatee count at the park: 386-775-3663.
- Read Manatee Updates from this season as well as past seasons.
- Identify manatees in the Club’s adoption program using Wayne Hartley’s Scar Pattern Chart (pdf).
- See Wayne’s Scar Charts for all of the Blue Spring manatees (pdf).
- Learn about Blue Spring State Park and why it is vital habitat for manatees.
- Check out our Species Spotlight to learn about other living things that share the manatee’s habitat at Blue Spring (pdf).
Pesky Juvenile Chases Mom and Calf. January 20, 2019.
Mom Nuzzles Her Calf. December 16, 2018.