Support for the Manatee Webcams at Blue Spring State Park was made possible by a donation to Save the Manatee Club as a memorial gift in honor of the late Mrs. Norma Norton, a Florida resident who cared deeply for manatees.
Please Note: Manatee season has started at Blue Spring State Park, but manatee visits will fluctuate with the weather. If few manatees are visible on the webcams, or if the webcams are offline, please stay tuned and check back! You can also scroll down the page to see past manatee videos from the web cams. Any people seen in the videos are researchers or other individuals with special permission.
Latest Manatee Update
December 14-15, 2018:
On Friday, Cora counted 309 manatees as the river temp stayed at 60.5° F (15° C). Of those, 146 manatees were ID’d, including adoptees Deep Dent, Philip, Howie, Paddy Doyle, Lenny, Annie, Moo Shoo, Doc, Phyllis, Rocket, and Gator. Lucille made it in after the roll call was over. Here are a few updated numbers: 280 manatees are known to have returned from last season, and 13 are known to have returned from past seasons. We have confirmed 55 calves. There are 72 well-marked unknown manatees and 91 poorly-marked seasonal manatees. This all comes to a total of 511 manatees with more coming in. Last season we saw 585.
— Wayne Hartley, Manatee Specialist, and Cora Berchem, Manatee Research & Multimedia Specialist
Read more manatee updates from this season by clicking the “Learn More” box below.
Please call Blue Spring State Park before you visit to get the latest manatee count at the park: 386-775-3663.
- Read Manatee Updates from this season as well as past seasons.
- Identify manatees in the Club’s adoption program using Wayne Hartley’s Scar Pattern Chart (pdf).
- See Wayne’s Scar Charts for all of the Blue Spring manatees (pdf).
- Learn about Blue Spring State Park and why it is vital habitat for manatees.
- Check out our Species Spotlight to learn about other living things that share the manatee’s habitat at Blue Spring (pdf).
Ann with Her Calf and Another Cow/Calf Pair. November 20, 2018