Get Manatee Information
Download Free PDFs
Educators (including homeschools) may also request these free materials as print documents by sending their name and mailing address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Manatee Webcams at Blue Spring State Park and Ellie Schiller Homosassa Springs Wildlife State Park
- Manatee Messages: What You Can Do (elementary version)
- Manatee Messages: What You Can Do (middle school version)
- Learn With Manfred Manatee animated videos
- Manatee Conservation Videos
See links to several videos with manatee conservation messages on our Boater Resources page, including Boating Safely with Manatees, How to Report a Speed Zone Violation, How to Report a Distressed Manatee, Manatees and Entanglement, Responsible Paddling Near Manatees and more.
- Manatee Videos on YouTube
Order Free Materials
- Boat Safely Poster
- Buddy Manatee “Look, But Don’t Touch” Poster
- Adopt-A-Manatee® Poster
- Meet the Florida Manatee is a free PowerPoint slide show prepared by Save the Manatee Club. Educators can receive the free slide show by sending an email to email@example.com. To view an online version, click the following links for the slide show for young students and the slide show for high school students and adults.
Discover Additional Classroom Learning Options
- Educator Discount for the Adopt-A-Manatee® Program
- Virtual Manatee Presentations
Educators can request a free virtual manatee presentation for their elementary, middle, or high school classrooms. Email Nancy Sadusky at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a presentation. Include your name and contact info, class grade level, preferred virtual meeting platform, potential dates and times for a presentation, and any special requests.
- Springs Conservation in the Classroom
- Manatee Book List
- Action Kids
- Manatee Matching Game
Most living manatees bear scars from boat collisions, and this is how researchers identify them. Click the link above to get our game and see if you can identify some real manatees. You will also need this Researcher’s Scar Sheet. See the answers and learn more about these manatees in the Game Notes.
View Online Bibliographies
- Bibliography and Index of the Sirenia and Desmostylia is a searchable index by Dr. Daryl P. Domning, a member of Save the Manatee Club’s Board of Directors and Professor of Anatomy at Howard University, Washington, D.C. He is also a Research Associate in Paleobiology at the National Museum of Natural History, Smithsonian Institution, and a Research Associate in Vertebrate Paleontology at the Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County, California.
- Manatee Research Publications and Links from the Florida Fish and Wildlife Research Institute in St. Petersburg, FL.
- Online Bibliography from the U.S. Geological Survey’s Sirenia Project in Gainesville, FL. (Type “manatees” in the Search box at the top of the page.)
Stay connected. Join us on: