Meet John Lithgow! Schedule of Events
September 13, 2003
Homosassa Springs Wildlife State Park
- Homosassa Springs Wildlife State Park opens
- I'm A Manatee books and CDs and manatee adoptions will be available for
1:00 - 5:00 p.m.
- Manatee and other wildlife activities available for children in the Garden
of the Springs area at the park.
1:15 - 1:45 p.m.
- Musical performance by Keith Hope, a 6th generation Floridian who writes songs about Florida and performs in folk festivals around the state.
1:45 - 3:45 p.m.
- Introduction of John Lithgow and welcome by Helen Spivey, SMC Board of Directors Co-Chair, and other special guests.
- SMC makes John Lithgow an honorary adoptive parent of Rosie the manatee.
- John Lithgow performs songs including, I'm a Manatee, and answers questions from the children in the audience.
4:00 - 5:00 p.m.
- Park guests will have the opportunity to get their I'm A Manatee book
personally signed by John Lithgow. (Due to time constraints, Lithgow will only be signing copies of his children's books, limited to three per person. Park visitors are asked to please not bring other memorabilia for him to sign that day.)
- Special manatee education program at "The Fishbowl," the underwater viewing area at the park.
Information on the
Subscribe to the